Real Life doesn't have spell check

1.04.2007

Cocoa therapy


It truly is the simple things in life that can brush away a stress moment, erase an awkward conversation or remind you that sometimes regressing back, even for just a moment, to being a 5 year old, is a must.
I am having such a moment.

I would like to thank my friend Lauren – she is the inspirer, inspirator, Inspiritress?

I am at the office (working hard as you can see) and I made myself a Peppermint Hot Cocoa.

  1. Take one large mug – preferable one purchased at an airport or kiosk from a vacation – Mine is from San Francisco!
  2. Place two small or one large peppermint stick, in pieces at the bottom of the mug.
  3. Empty two packets of Sugar Free Hot Cocoa Mix – yes, sugar free, gotta watch the calories, no?
  4. Added about ½ cup of really hot water and mix until the peppermint sticks are all nice and melty…mmmmmmm
  5. Once all melty, add ¼ cup of non-dairy creamer – it adds to the creameriness of the instant cocoa and enough really hot water to fill the mug

Then craddle the mug in both hands, bring the mug up to your nose, close your eyes and imagine the last time you were excited about 3 feet of snow and take a long deep inhale. Hold it for a few seconds and then take a sip. And release…

Just a simple cup of cocoa and all it right with the world

2 Thoughts Shared:

  • Inspiritrix?

    I agree on all points, most warmly, except for the calorie-free bit. Mama wants cocoa, she gets cocoa, know what I'm sayin'? Hence the big ass.

    Cerise

    By Blogger Cerise, at 1:38 PM, January 08, 2007  

  • Cocoa leaves a bitter taste in my mouth shortly after it's finished.
    Much like many other life experiences.

    By Blogger ESH, at 3:56 PM, June 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home